Friday, June 17, 2011

60 Day Challenge Afterthoughts

My 60 Day Challenge.

It started rough with big changes to my lifestyle, became smooth sailing in the middle, and ended rougher than it began.

Within that length of time I renewed bonds with old friends, almost made a bone marrow donation (the recipient opted out), visited China for the first time, went through a breakup, got surgery on my eye, and strengthened ties with family I hadn't seen in years. I went from feeling like a noob in the markets to feeling like a gifted trader with a golden touch to feeling like I know nothing and should give up to feeling grateful to the market and happy to pay for it's teachings.

In a span of 6 months what do I have to say about the experience? Depending on what point during that time frame you ask me that, my reply would be different. As of now it's this; Thank you.

Thank you to my friends, my family, the readers of my blog and journal who have commented and shown support and a huge, HUGE thank you to the Market.

Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotion but contained within that misery was an invaluable lesson. The Market has clearly shown me what works. It has also shown me, just as clearly, what does not work. My pain was rooted in what I felt I lost, but what have I lost? The money was in exchange for showing me what not to do, what does not work. That knowledge alone is worth the price I paid many times over. In a very real sense I have paid for information and thus have gained. I'd like to say that my tuition is paid in full but that would be naive as I'm sure there's more to learn. However, I'm looking forward to putting my new knowledge to use on Monday and moving forward once again.

Oooooooohriiiiiiiiiiight!

1 comment:

Black said...

Yeah... All the best Soma!!!