Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 25. +13.9 Smoothies.

Two trades today. First trade almost reached the 3R point. But to make sure I didn't just lose all those pips I brought the stop up to around the 2R point which was then hit. Eventually price started trending upward but each of the breakouts of the previous high would not give me the correct R:R ratio. However, I noticed that each time the price dipped below the ema then crossed back again it would continue in that direction enough to make my RR. So I entered and soon price began to stall. I worked on being patient but often when I see price surge and make long smooth moves, as this had been doing, then repeat the pattern but in a stuttered motion it often means the end of the trend. So thinking that there was a much higher chance of losing this trade I exited. Price would have later hit my target, hah, but oh well.

One good thing I noticed was my emotions with having a larger RR. Knowing that I only needed around 1 in 3 winners really helped me to relax. I was still a little back and forth in my emotions when it looked like I was going to be stopped out but it was much better than yesterday.

No comments: