Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 28. +7.5. Mexican standoff


Started off not catching a bunch of moves, a couple of them you can see here with my canceled pendings and then having price bust through, hah. I kept watch over myself to make sure anxiousness or impatience didn't creep in. They both came forward a bit but I noticed them and kept them at bay for the most part.

When my trade did hit it it stalled immediately and retraced a little but again, it was one of those times I felt strongly about the direction. Some of the reasons for that were 1) price had been trending down 2) it recently fell through support then retraced and bounced back down 3) though price was moving up after entry it was being forced back down. Felt like it was trying to climb higher but something was forcefully pushing it down and sooner or later it would give and deliver a nice pop.

As price continued to slowly move up against me it got to the point where I planned to exit if it went up another pip. But it came back down and just as I anticipated, it popped down nicely. It went into 2 pips profit, where in the past I would have exited. But I knew this was one of those times I needed to hold a bit longer. Also, I wanted to make sure the reward was worth the risk that I went through when it retraced on me. BUT, I didn't want to get caught up in that and was ready to bail if need be. Holding on in hopes of hitting a target is what got me in trouble when I was trying out larger targets and stops before. So anyway, I held as planned and exited when it seemed like it was gonna reverse. Got a very pleasant 7.5 pip profit.

Done with my session now and just gonna enjoy the morning. This will be the last I write in this blog for the next 2.5 weeks (except for a weekly recap if I have time). I leave to China Sunday night. I thought about trading the Asian session while there. I don't know, just seemed like it would be cool to trade the Asian open while in Asia, hah. But nah, I'd rather sleep in and enjoy my vacation!

For now, I leave you with this masterpiece of a film, of a scene, and of a musical score:


 Addddios!

No comments: