Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 27. +4.2. Blam blam.


Started at 5am and noticed that for the previous hour price had been making nice moves. But soon as I sat down price ranged between 15pips for a while. I thought about taking a trade when price made a nice little move I but wasn't confident in taking the trade while ranging so stayed out. The next trade I missed because I wasn't fast enough in putting the order in. Also, there weren't many smooth moves so I was just watching and waiting. I noticed myself getting impatient and took a few breaths to calm down and reminded myself that it's better to be out of the market until a good trade comes, rather than being in a bad trade hoping things go my way. So I waited. And waited.


Then a good trade setup came and BLAM. Got it. Then soon after, another trade. Blam x 2.

The second trade actually stalled for a second upon entry. But again, I felt it would be one of those to pop, so I gave it a little more time, and it went in to profit, stalled again, and I exited.

Oh, that's myself (with the rifle) and a friend spotting the target for me during our trip last weekend. Good times. It just beyond the Sierra's and had been snowing. Was freezing. I had on two jackets and two pairs of pants, hah.

In other news, yesterday I got a call from the bone marrow donor program. Few months ago I signed up to be a donor. They called yesterday and said they found a match. So I'll be going in for some tests upon my return from the China trip in a few weeks. If I'm the best match I'll begin the process of donating marrow. In total it will be around 40 hours over a 6 month period. The person who would receive it is a 32 year old male with Leukemia. So we'll see how it goes!

No comments: