Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 30. +3.7. One and done.

My sleep schedule is a bit off from the trip still. Woke at 3:30am instead of 4:30 and was wide awake so decided to get up. Did my morning routine and sat down at the computer around 4:05 and immediately noticed a beautiful move down in progress. I didn't want to rush into it so I first checked all the charts and marked S/R. When I finished I then put in a pending sell. But it was precisely that point that the move ended. :( I felt a little frustrated at having missed that move and then a move up commenced. I didn't fully trust so I stayed out. Then when it finally seemed real and I was about to put in a pending buy, price shot up past the point I was going to enter. Thus, I was too slow and missed it. Argh! hah. I felt myself getting impatient and reminded myself to stay calm. Took some breaths.

At 5am, price retraced and I put in a pending buy. Price then made a second attempt and failed. At that point I felt that if price did break it, and I believed it would, it would be a nice pop. So I left the pending on, where normally I would have canceled. Around 5:15 price did break and it stalled slightly. In the past I would have started my countdown to bail but this again was a time to be a little more patient because of the pop. And very nicely the price did pop. I was up about 4.2 and then it made a small retrace which was my cue to say hasta la vista, baby. So I exited with 3.7 pips and done for the day. Ohyay.

No comments: