Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 33. +3.5. Made positive pips but bad trading.

The toughest day I've had so far due to some bad trading decisions. Felt mentally and emotionally drained after this session.

Poor decisions:

1) I didn't completely feel where price was going on the first trade. Logically, it looked like it was going up. But I didn't completely "feel" it. I didn't KNOW it was going up. I just thought it would. This is a no-no. I should only enter trades when I completely feel the set up. 

2) I allowed myself to take full stops too easily. This is unacceptable. There are certain conditions that must be met to take a full stop and they were not met today. I should have taken small losses, 1-3 pips at most. This would have been easier to overcome thus I would A) Have had a bigger winning day and B) Would have been easier Mentally/emotionally.

3) When breaking out of the range, I set my pending too close. Thus, the trade was triggered and I took a loss. That was stupid.

4) My second to last trade was almost pure retardation. At one point it was in profit for 13.8 pips. But I held on thinking it would go lower. And while I was correct, as seen in the last trade, it still bounced back hard and I ended exiting with only around a 4.5 pip gain! I should not have let it bounce back that far and normally I wouldn't but my emotions (greed) got the best of me. The only saving grace for this trade is that I didn't let it become a loser. Not that price went back up far enough to make it a big loser, but I didn't know that at the time and decided I'd get at xx spot, which I did. Still, I left a lot of pips on the table.

I did observe something interesting though. When I strongly felt that price was going to go down further after 7:30, it did BUT it first made a quick run up before going down hard. Like someone backing up to get enough space to run at and break through a door. This same thing happened the other day when I felt very strongly about price going a certain way while ranging. It's too early to tell if this something to be expected but I will keep my eye on it in the future.

No comments: