Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 46. +10.8. Ride em cowboy!

Today felt like I was in a rodeo. Price kept bucking me off but I was determined to see it through.

I mentioned in a previous post that I will work on getting in when price is telling me a move is about to happen. Twice today price was saying hello. The first time I held off then when I missed the nice move I said, "ah shit, this is exactly what I'm supposed to be working on." A little while later it happened again but this time I followed my nose because the nose knows and caught a couple pips. So glad that I made myself aware then actively worked on it.

Also in a previous post I mentioned that I should only use stop orders (limit in Oanda) and nothing else. Lately I've been coming to the realization that was wrong. There are a few instances where a market order just makes sense. Not often, but there are times. Such as today around 5:48. My pending hit then price bounced so I exited. But then it acted like it was about to continue down. I knew that if I were to spend even a couple extra seconds to enter a stop order I'd miss the move. So I entered at market and caught it. Not something I want to a do a lot but it's another tool in the pocket.

No comments: