Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 52 (Monday) -43!!! An expensive lesson

I traded yesterday and things were going swell until the desire to hit a home run struck me again. It happened right after a I took a loss...however, I wasn't even negative at that point. I was still up a few pips! From there my trading degenerated into what has been happening over the last week. Those huge gains I made with trading bad were promptly taken away. Which makes sense, because in a way I didn't really earn them. It was more like the market let me hold on to the pips to see what it felt like then decided to teach me a lesson and take it back.

At the time I was so disgusted with my trading I didn't even want to look at the screen to take a screenshot of the chart. I just shut it all down and felt sorry for myself. But last night it really started to sink in that it was all my doing. I CHOSE to trade that way. It was completely up to me to put myself back in the hole. And it's completely up to me to get myself back out of it again. Which I will.

I was going to trade today but was so tired when I woke up that I decided it was better to get some sleep. I don't want to repeat the same mistakes so need to be fully rested. So tomorrow (Wed), I'll be back at it.

No comments: