Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 54. -10. ;p


It appears there's another lesson the market wanted to teach me. Which is...GO WITH THE TREND. Of course I should go with trend. Hellllo. As you can see in the first part of the chart I for whatever reason did NOT trade with the trend. I was trading in a range. It was about 30pips wide, but still rangy and choppy and that's where I got my ass kicked. I didn't know how much I was down but I knew it was substantial (later found out it was around 35 pips). At that point I was thinking "Holyyyyy FUCK. Not again." hah. Then I thought, "Wait, wait, wait. This is where things get hard. I can't get down on myself and I can't quit like this. But I can't trade with this mindset either." I told myself it was gut check time and I needed to pull it together. Took some deep breaths and a couple minutes out and saw exactly why I was getting tossed around like a whore. TREND TREND TREND. Shortly thereafter a trend developed and I slowly worked my way back up from -35 to only -10 (only -10, hah). Had I traded with the trend from the very beginning I'd have a +25 day rather than a -10. But such is life when you forget the lessons you learned previously.

No comments: