Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 4. +3.1 pips. The 11th hour.


This morning I got up at 4:50am. I had planned to get up at 5:30, however I awoke at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep fully, thinking about what I wrote yesterday. So I got up and did my routine and began my descent into madness. hah. Not really, but I sat there watching and couldn't take even one damn trade. It would always come so close and then suddenly price would do something that would violate a rule and I'd have to stay out. And then, near the very end of my session price took off and my setup was taking shape and my rules were being met. Joy to world and Jeremiah was a bullfrog, so I put in a limit sell. Finally, oh yes, I could finally get a trade in! And suddenly, like a vision of sodomy with no Vaseline, price bounced back and violated a rule. Ohhhhhhh, you fickle fickle ball teaser. For a moment I thought about leaving the limit trade on but then looked over at my bad boy jar, and stared a second at the good boy jar. I want to be a good boy. So with a sigh, I canceled my pending order.

But wait, what is that? Price is coming back, and my rules are wrex in effect, son. Shake baby, shake baby, 1-2-3. So I put in a limit sell again...and booyakasha, price surged though and stalled, so I exited right then with +3.1 pips. Ohyay.

One thing I noticed though, my adrenaline surged along with price. I got all worked up. More than I should have, I think. I'll have to work on that. But for now, a positive end to a long morning and ten more dollars in the good boy jar.

Seacrest out.

4 comments:

Trader32 said...

Love your writing style...always a joy to read.

Mark G said...

HAHAHA! I don't often laugh out loud at trading blog posts, nice work!

Soma said...

Hah, thanks guys. Glad to hear you enjoy the blog.

Black said...

got your blog thru T32, love it too! keep it going!