Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'll show you some trick or two

Since my post yesterday I've been thinking about ways to further encourage myself to trade by my rules until it becomes a habit.

Well, I've decided on how I'm going to do this. Should I complete it, which I will, I will reward myself. Should I fail, which I won't, I will punish myself.

I want to trade my rules for 60 days. I figure by that time there's a strong chance the habit will have been formed. So I've taken out $600 from the bank, in $10 bills. I have them here on my desk next to me along with two empty containers. Each day that I trade by my rules, exactly, I will put one $10 bill into the reward jar. At the end of 60 days that will be $600, which I will then use to buy this:



A Glock 19. I will then take that gun and go on a rampage at the nearest mall. hah. Just kiiiidding. I really do want a Glock 19 though. I've shot several types of handguns and rifles at ranges and in the woods but I've never owned my own. For the last year I've been wanting to get one but have been putting it off. Well, now's a good time to get it. But I figured it would be even better to make it a reward, a little present to moi, after succeeding in my endeavor. Extra motivation and something to look forward to.

What about any days where I don't trade by my rules? Well, I will put a $10 bill in the bad boy jar and at the end of each day:



Yeah, gonna fold it up into a little plane and just throw that bitch off my balcony, out the car window, wherever. So someone will find it and be happy but I will be one miserable motherfucker. I really think it will be easy to follow my rules knowing that I'll literally be throwing my money away if I break them. And let's just say I mess up once or twice. After seeing my money go bye bye in physical form, I think I will be very eager and motivated to follow my rules from then on. I'm already kind of nervous, hahahah, but fuck it. Lets do this. Monday it begins.

I follow my rules, I'm a god. I break my rules I break myself like I break my friend. YOU, are NEXT!

1 comment:

Trader32 said...

Ha ha, great idea. The saving or trashing I mean, not the mall shooting :-) Although sometimes....