Friday, January 28, 2011

Week 1 Review

Over at Trader32's blog http://www.trader32.com/ he does a weekly review which I think is a really good idea so here goes.


Week 1
Trades: 6
Total pips: +8.9

What did I do well?
I did everything well, hah. For the first time since I've been trading I can actually say that I stuck to my rules 100%. I did exactly what I set out to do.

What mistakes did I make?
I was mistake free. It's refreshing to be able to say that.

What did I learn?
As I mentioned in the previous entry, I noticed that I got too excited when I finally took a trade. On the upside I still followed my rules and canceled the first pending order. On the downside, the over anxiousness could cause hesitation in the future which could lead to unnecessary losses.

I learned that it's much easier on myself, emotionally, to wait for the correct setup than to chase the trades.

I learned, and am still learning, that discipline is THE key.

I learned that momentum is critical. When it's not there, get the fuck out.

I learned, and am still learning, to be at peace when waiting for a setup.

What will I do to improve my trading?
I will work on remaining aware of my emotional state before, during, and after trades. I will take deep steady breaths to calm myself. I will touch something and notice the texture to bring me into the now. I will start to reread one of my favorite books, The Secret of Letting Go. I will go to sleep 15 minutes earlier each night until I'm sleeping 1 hour earlier so I can wake up at 4:50am. I will continue to document here and at BMT. I will continue to be a good boy!

1 comment:

Trader32 said...

Good week soma..the bad boy jar and good boy jar are doing the trick! I wouldn't worry too much about getting excited when taking a trade...it is completely natural