Friday, January 21, 2011

Muse in my yogurt


Today was a little rough though not so rough. I started off with a couple losers then a full loser that hit my stop. I don't look at my profit while trading so at the end of the session I thought I was down much more than I was. Figured I was down 10 pips. Well color me a retard because when I finally looked at my profit for the day I was actually +.8 pips. Oooohyay. Not even a full pip but shit, much better than negative 10.

Sticking to my rules still needs work but heading in the right direction. I took a couple trades I shouldn't have. However, I held back on taking some other trades I reeeeally wanted to but didn't because they didn't fit my criteria.

I've also been thinking about the length of time I hold on to my trades. When trades go in my favor a pip or two then stall or reverse I usually pack the profit and jump out. So usually lasts just a few seconds. When I enter a trade and it stalls I tend to wait to see what it will do, which may last up to a couple minutes. For instance if I'm long and it begins going down I start saying out loud, "C'mooon. Goooo up, bitch. Gooooo uuuuuuuuuuuup!!! C'mooon. No, motherfucker, not down...upppp uppp upppp!" then I start making motions with my hands as if to push the prices higher. I feel like the Wizard in Conan trying to push the glass portal thing open. Except I'm not Chinese. Or a wizard. I'll have to ponder on this some more but it sure seems like when I wait for a stalled trade to move in my favor it ends up moving against me. Hmmm, maybe that makes sense. After all, I'm trading momentum moves and if it stalls that would indicate momentum is lacking. And if momentum is lacking then who knows where price is gonna go. So at that point I'm just hoping it will go up, rather than having a valid reason to believe it will.

So should I cut stalled or reversed trades immediately? If so, that will mean losses more often. How do I avoid all those small losses? I could enter at better times. Better entries means less likely to stall or reverse. Which means more likely to make dollah dollah bills ya'll. So in order to avoid all those tiny cuts, I would have to have great entries. To have great entries...I would have to be disciplined to take only the best setups. Which means I need to stick to my rules 100%. Which means fuck me, I'm right where I began, haha. However, it makes more sense now.

So, it's time to eat my yogurt and ponder. Good day. I said, good day!

No comments: