Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 17. +5 Ken Roberts and a glorious mustache

I had a bit of time this morning so decided to open my charts. Lo and behold, we were right in the middle of that nice trend down. I didn't get in sooner because I was busy checking for support, resistance, all that good stuff. Finally got a good chance and got a trade for 5 pips. I thought it would go down a bit further but was a bit conservative. Still trying to get the hang of holding longer when I think it will go more.

Been working on trading more price action set ups which, a lot of times, are 1-2-3 formations. When I was a teen I bought Ken Robert's futures course. TWMPMM! hah. He always talked about channels and 1-2-3 tops and bottoms. I believed that it could work and had some mild success. Then dropped futures when I needed to liquidate my account and put the money to use towards mortgage and car payments. I flirted with futures and options off and on then got involved with Forex late last year. Found that a lot of people see Roberts as a fraud, and understandably so. However, is funny that the more I learn about Price Action the more it seems Roberts was on the right track and taught sound methods for setups. Where he completely lacked was Money Management, of course. He never taught that and without it you would likely blow up your account.

Oh yeah, doy doy doy. Since yesterday was a US holiday I didn't trade the Asian session. Buuuut haha, that was dumb. During the Asian session the US banks are closed anyway! haha. During the first few hours yesterday the Asian dropped 100 point. I felt silly after that. Anyway, time to get to work.


No comments: