Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 6. Ok, no trades today foreal. Fo'real.

Similar to an Asian father who's never satisfied with his child's good grades, trades came close to happening but never quite lived up to my expectations. So no trades today.

Speaking of Asians, my girlfriend and I will be taking a trip to China at the end of March. So yesterday I went to Walgreen's to get a picture for my Visa.

"Hi, I'd like to get a picture taken for a Visa."

"Picture for passport, yes!'

"No, for a Visa."

"Passport! Now, you go stand there." and he walks over to the wall and pulls down a white screen.

Didn't really know what to expect but I thought they'd have some professional cameras or something. So I stand there waiting for him to bring out some expensive looking photography equipment to take the pictures when he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a camera that looks like it belongs to his 5yr old daughter. I was thinking, "Wtf, I could have taken my own picture in my bedroom. Why am I paying for this?"

"Ok, you smile now. Ready? Here, I show you..."

He gives me a smile, I suppose as an example of how to smile. But 1) hmmm, I already know how to smile. And 2), the smile he gave looked just like this:


He even looked like that guy, hah. So I gave a smile and thought, "Hell yeah. Best Visa picture ever. I rock." Then he took his baby camera to the back and did whatever they do back there. A few minutes later he returned.

I looked down at my picture and motherfuck, I looked just like that dude. Aargh. His pedo smile must have been contagious. As I'm looking at my picture he says

"You look good. Very good."

So I guess it's official. If my new friend at Walgreen's with the girl's camera said it, it must be so. I do indeed have the best Visa picture ever.

Good times and on to tomorrow.

No comments: