Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 8. -8.4 pips. I bleed like Mai Li.

Apparently, Megatron kicked my ass because I had 4 losers in a row and 1 small win.

Things to note...

Looking at the 3rd trade now I'm wondering why the fuck I took it. Trend is going down but I do remember at the time thinking the trend was going up. I'll have to look at my other charts later to see why I took that trade.

Trades 1, 2, and 4 all went in the direction I expected after stopping me out. I'm using a very small stop, 2 pips which includes spread. Which made sense for the setup I was using previously. But for my current one, perhaps that's just dumb. I may need to make it dynamic, place the stop where I think the trade has failed. Which means I have to count on myself to stick to that level and not move it. Something I'd had problems with in the past. But I wanted to grow as a trader so this may just be what I need to do.

After the 4th loser I thought I had just hit over -10 pips. So what did I do? I stopped, bitch. I stopped! So ohyay! I was tempted to continue on and thought, "Ehhh, lets just take a trade to see what happens..." then I thought again and said, "Aw man, nevermind. I can't do that. Gotta stick to the gameplan. This sucks." hah. Then I remembered the last time I thought I was down more than I was so checked the account to be sure. Found out I was down 9 pips. So I had one more trade left. Took it and made a small gain, not much but I'mt happy that when I thought I went past -10 I stopped.

Another positive thing is that I only lost 8.4 pips since I stuck to my rules. I say only like it's a good thing, hah. But seeing as how I went on slot machine meltdown in the past, taking something like 20-30 trades in 10 minutes or so (and most of them losers!), -8.4 pips today is a more bearable outcome.

So overall today, some setbacks but also some progress.

No comments: