Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 9. +4.1. Apples and lollipips.

Quite a few canceled trades there and all as easy as apple pie. Actually, easier. Last summer I tried to make an apple pie, my first time ever and that shit was not easy. Pie came out soggy as hell. Didn't know there was such thing as bakers apples! Anyway,  2 trades went through for a total of +4.1 pips. Sticking to my rules now feels completely normal. And some of the subjective calls I have to make at times are getting easier.

For instance, one of my rules is not to trade into major support/resistance points. Major resistance is determined on higher charts such as the hourly. I also am very wary of taking trades into large round number areas like 1.3500, though that part is not a hard rule. Last trade on chart my hard rules were being met but price seemed to stick. Seeing price move like that, and also seeing as how the price acted similar around 5:55, annnd seeing that a major round number was being approached, no thank you. My hard rules said all things were go, but those other elements didn't look right and I decided to cancel my order. Good thing too, because price would have hit my order just a couple minutes later and given me a loss.

The above is great, however, how I reacted to my loss on Friday was not so great. During the trading, everything was cool but over the weekend a familiar friend, Inconsistency, dropped by to say hello.

"Well hello Soma. Been a little while, but figured I come over and say hello."

"Oh hello there. Seeing you again feels great. Man, glad you could join me."

"Yeah, something that feels so right can't be wrong. Hey, let's go get a drink. Tell me all about your losses on Friday and I'll give you advice on what do. Help you change things up and get back in the game."

"Waaait a second. I'm not so sure about that. I'm supposed to stay away from you."

"C'mon, it will be just like old times!"

"Yeah, it would be fun...wait, no. No, I can't. Fuck off. I can't go."

"C'mmmmooon,  you know you want to. Hey, look, I got some candy for you. Look at this nice lollipop. Just come on over here and get into my van. It's ok, I promise."

"Ahhh, fuck you. Go away!"

And that was that. I came close to going with him but in the end he left alone. Though I do fear he will return in the future. I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye out for him.

No comments: